UCDRA Spring Business Meeting Notice
The annual business and membership meeting of the Association is scheduled for Thursday, May 14 at 10 a.m. via Zoom. Please register to be sent further details. Please let this letter serve as the official notice of the meeting,
UC Davis Retirees' Association
Spring Membership and Business Meeting
May 14, 2020
10 – 11:30 a.m.
Meeting will be held via Zoom;
Link and details will be sent to registered attendees 1 week prior to meeting
Who Knew? Mark Twain's Joan of Arc
This talk will consider how Mark Twain, author of beloved American classic novels, came to write a novel about the historical figure Joan of Arc. It will show some of his deep affection for Joan of Arc, and his personal outrage at the way she was treated during her trial and imprisonment.
Following Dr. Morris' presentation each association will hold a brief business meeting, see information below.
Dr. Linda Morris is the winner of the 2020 UC Davis Distinguished Emerita Professorship Award. Retiring from the Department of English in 2005, Dr. Morris has continued her scholarly work and brings great honor to UC Davis for this and her active contributions to her local community.
The following business items are presented for your consideration:
A. Slate of Nominees for 2020 Annual Meeting:
- President – Mike Chandler
- 1st Vice President – Jack Harris
- 2nd Vice President – Linda Ziegahn
- Secretary – Linda Vierra
- Treasurer – Diane Mundy*
- Immediate Past President – John Meyer
- Member-at-Large (2019-2021) – Karen Castelli
- Member-at-Large (2020-2022) – Carl Foreman*
- Member-at-Large (2020-2022) – Jerry Johnson*
- Member-at-Large (2019-2021) – Marcia Kasabach
- Member-at-Large, UCDH (2019-2021) – Kathy Kelly
- Member-at-Large (2020-2022) – Phil Knox*
* Denotes slate to be voted upon.
Chair, Nominations Committee