The UC Davis Retirees’ Association (UCDRA) is an advocacy and service organization that takes action to engage and involve retirees through fellowship with each other and the university for our mutual benefit.
The UC Davis Retirees’ Association (UCDRA) is the collective voice for UC Davis and UC Davis Health System retirees. The association partners closely with the UC Davis Emeriti Association (UCDEA) to advocate for, protect and enhance retiree benefits including retiree health insurance, the UC Davis Health Care Facilitator Program, free campus parking and reduced fees for campus events and travel.
The association provides the following services and programs for its members:
- Fosters a strong working relationship with UC Davis and the UC Office of the President as an officially recognized campus affiliate
- Communicates updates on retiree benefits such as health and welfare plan changes, cost-of-living adjustments and more
- Advocates on behalf of retirees at biannual meetings of the system-wide Council of UC Retiree Associations (CUCRA); the council monitors proposed policy changes to inform policy-makers and provide advice on how such changes impact retirees
- Awards educational scholarships annually to UC Davis and health system employees
- Recognizes one or more outstanding retirees annually
- Collaborates with the staff of the UC Davis Retiree Center, established in 2006 through the efforts of the UCDRA and the UCDEA
- Honors outstanding retirees
- Offers enlightenment and fun by planning a variety of social and educational programs