- Diane Mundy, Chair
The UCDRA Scholarship Committee chooses the recipient(s) of the UCDRA scholarship(s) in conjunction with the UC Davis Staff Assembly Scholarship Committee. The UCDRA Board will approve the dollar amount of the award(s). Eligibility is restricted to a current UC Davis employee seeking a degree from a California community college, California state university and/or the University of California. Preference may be given to armed service veterans.
- Recommend a scholarship amount to be awarded and request Executive Board approval;
- Coordinate with the UC Davis Staff Assembly Scholarship Committee; the following steps should be followed to initiate the process:
- Contact the Staff Assembly Scholarship Committee Chair and provide contact information as the UCDRA Scholarship Committee;
- Provide the amount and number of scholarships to the Committee;
Candidate selection process and timeline:
- Request UC Davis Staff Assembly copy correspondence related to announcing the successful candidate(s) receiving the UCDRA Scholarship Fund(s);
- Coordinate a photo-shoot with Retiree Center to include scholarship candidate and UCDRA President and the Chair of the UCDRA Scholarship Committee;
- Coordinate the publication of an article about the winner(s), including a photo, to UCDRA newsletter.
The Committee will be comprised of at least one member, and no more than three, from the UCDRA membership. The UC Davis Staff Assembly allows UCDRA to 'piggy back' on their process to choose and announce award recipient(s).
Committee annual report:
The Committee will submit a one-page annual report to the UCDRA president in June of each year, to include a listing of the committee members, a summary of the committee’s activities for the year as well as recommendations and suggestions for the future.