UC Davis Retirees' Association
Working to make your retirement work for you...
The UC Davis Retirees’ Association (UCDRA) is an advocacy and service organization that takes action to engage and involve retirees through fellowship with each other and the university for our mutual benefit.
The UC Davis Retirees’ Association (UCDRA) is the collective voice for UC Davis and UC Davis Health System retirees. The association partners closely with the UC Davis Emeriti Association (UCDEA) to advocate for, protect and enhance retiree benefits including retiree health insurance, the UC Davis Health Care Facilitator Program, free campus parking and reduced fees for campus events and travel.
The association provides the following services and programs for its members:
- Fosters a strong working relationship with UC Davis and the UC Office of the President as an officially recognized campus affiliate
- Communicates updates on retiree benefits such as health and welfare plan changes, cost-of-living adjustments and more
- Advocates on behalf of retirees at biannual meetings of the system-wide Council of UC Retiree Associations (CUCRA); the council monitors proposed policy changes to inform policy-makers and provide advice on how such changes impact retirees
- Awards educational scholarships annually to UC Davis and health system employees
- Recognizes one or more outstanding retirees annually
- Collaborates with the staff of the UC Davis Retiree Center, established in 2006 through the efforts of the UCDRA and the UCDEA
- Honors outstanding retirees
- Offers enlightenment and fun by planning a variety of social and educational programs
The UC Davis Retirees' Association is a proud member of:
Spring Membership & Business Meeting
Thursday, May 11, 2017; 11:30 a m - 1 p.m.
|11:30 a.m.||Buffet lunch/social for all|
|11:45 a.m.||UCDEA brief business meeting; open to all|
|noon||Presentation; details below|
|1:10 p.m.||UCDRA brief business meeting|
Thank you for your membership in the UC Davis Emeriti Association. Each year the leadership for each Association calls together a fall and spring meeting of the general membership. This year the Associations are combining very short (10 to 15 minutes each) business meetings around a joint keynote speaker and luncheon event. Please join us for our spring business meeting at which elections and passage of any initiatives will be made. A light lunch of sandwiches, salads, cookies and drinks will be provided, compliments of the associations. Please register so that we can plan accordingly.
Following Your Bliss… Research Alternatives Post-Retirement
Presented by Professor Emeritus JaRue Manning
Winner of the 2017 UC Davis Distinguished Emeritus Award
In retirement Professor Emeritus JaRue Manning, Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, discovered the opportunity to pursue a new research path. As the 2017 winner of the UC Davis Distinguished Emeritus Award, the selection committee was so impressed by Dr. Manning's contributions in retirement to the fields of viticulture and enology that has was asked to share his journey at the Spring Meeting. Dr. Manning likes to quote Joseph Campbell who once, when asked, “How does one know which path to follow?” responded, “Follow your bliss.”